5.6.12

A Snowball in Summer

Thank you for your faithful prayers ! I could really tell that my brothers and sisters in Christ were making intercession to God on my behalf ! So many of my prayer requests from my last post have become praise items.

 Mid-May I knew that I was going to have to leave for California sooner than later and God confirmed it... much sooner ! I was originally due to have some vacation at the end of May/beginning of June but no longer needed it. My boss at the French restaurant told me upon the re-opening that I could leave for California sooner than mid-June if I wanted. As my plans appeared fine, I declined. Later she informed me that she had found someone to fill in for me during my absence. In short, she told me to be done at the restaurant one week after re-open, but in not so many words. Therefore I found myself on the verge of agreeing on an appartement and without a job. So I moved my departure date up to June 9th :s haha.

I just signed the lease for my place in Fullerton, California. So my new mailing and physical adresse is 2447 Daphne Pl, Fullerton, CA. It is only four miles from campus and God willing I'll be able to ride my bike back and forth. Please pray as my cousin Eric looks for a bike for me that is within my price range. This would be a major blessing as I would save heaps on car related expernses. Petrol for example is $4.15/gallon on the low end in La Mirada, CA compared to $3.79/gallon in Summit County, CO. Biking will also keep me in shape :)

The job search was not going so well in the beginning. I am looking and praying for one situated between the BIOLA campus and my appartement, which offers insurance, flexable hours and a good pay rate. A tall order I know. But I also know a God Who "is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or imagine" (Ephesians3:20)! Several weeks back I applied to five Starbucks within a five mile radius of campus and my appartement and received an email informing me that no position was available. Just last week I was searching for jobs and felt that I should check again at Starbucks. I found a posting at my ideal location and called the manager. To my surprise she was intersted and said that the job posting was strange as she has no control or authority to post a job as it was. Thanks God ! On Monday the 11th I have my interview at 1pm/13h. Please pray for God's will concerning this.

One of the last orders of business before I leave for California was to officially step back from WorldVenture. I could not responsibly continue at the mission agaency while God was directing elsewhere for the time being nor could I ask my financial supporters to continue giving while I was not directly pursuing France. WorldVenture is a great mission agency and I would love to end back there should God so direct. Stepping back was like leaving a good friend and very sad. Thank you all at WorldVenture for your love for God and faithful service !!!

An incredable surprise after this came from a former financial supporter. They feel that God still desires them to give toward me and France and are going to put their support toward my studies ! God supplies in amazing ways !!! For those who are supporting me in prayer I would implore you to continue ! It is no less needed now than it was before and as God is still leading me to France, though not the way I expected, I still need a faithful and passionate prayer team.

So for me the whole journey to BIOLA has started as a small snowball. The further it goes the bigger it becomes and the more momentum it gains. At this point it is unstoppable and is rolling unimpeded down the mountains of Colorado all the way to the coast of California.

Praise : 1. An appartement at the price and distance that I was praying for 2. A job interview at my ideal company and location 3. Clear wisdom as to when to leave Summit for California 4. Continued prayer and financial support even as I step back from WorldVenture 5. My counsin Eric looking for a bike ofr me

Prayer : 1. That all my things would fit in my car and be well packed for the trip to California 2. Good flatmates 3. A bike 4. The job at Starbucks 5. That I would seek God's kingdom and righteousness above all things.

No comments:

Post a Comment