9.7.12

Decent : 9,300 Feet to 155

Grettings from Orange County ! My dad and I arrived here June 9th late in the evening after leaving Summit County at 6:30am. All went well... despite having no air conditioning, haha.

Since then I have been on the hunt for a job, figuring out my accommodation and getting to know the BIOLA campus and the area. After much prayer and searching God has provided me with a job at a Starbucks a couple miles from my appartement and on the way to campus ! PRAISE GOD !!! He provides where He leads ! I begin today at noon.

I've decided to capitalize on my French as well and have been advertising myself as a French tutor. God has given me two clients so far and a couple of interested individuals. Should my clientel continue to grow this could compliment an hourly job very well !

After living at my previous place for the past three weeks I decided to move out at the beginning of July with one of the guys from the previous appartement. The lease wasa over and six guys in one place was a bit crowded, haha. My new place is still within six miles of campus and close to other things I need : 238 S Basque Ave Apt 9, Fullerton, CA 92833. Its lease however is over at the end of October... But God seems to perhaps already have something in the works. In speaking with a friend of a cousin who's a professor at BIOLA, I found out about the Resident Coordinator position. I would live on off campus university housing and be responsible for the house and the guys in that house. As compensation I would receive free rent and possibly some meals ! This would be a tremendous help financially as everything I earn from a job could go directly towards my studies. More importantly however it would be a great opportunity to serve my campus and to disciple some guys. All the positions are already filled so right now my name is just in the hat. Please with me about this opportunity.

This past week-end God gave me the opportunity to go camping with some people from a church I visited. One of the women is a friend of Joni, a friend who was appointed as a career missionary with me at WorldVenture. She was able to come along as well and it was such a relaxing time away from the city and very uplifting. Joni is going to Spain and if you would like to know more please contact her. She still has to raise 30% before she can depart. But more importantly she needs prayer partners.

When God gave David the choice of punishment he would receive for his sin David chose to put himself in the hands of God rather than man's. God has always faithfully and wonderfully supplied all my needs. So why did I accept a federal loan from BIOLA in May ? Last week I dropped it because I too would rather be in God's hands than man's. I have enough for this semester and will lean on God for all my needs. Please pray with me that I might graduate without debt so as to be free to serve God.

Praise : 1. A place to live 2. A job 3. My job offers insurance, is only a couple miles from me, is on the way to campus and I receive a free pound of coffee every week, haha 4. Meeting people in SoCal 5. The week-end in the mountains with others and a good friend

Prayer : 1. Housing at the end of October 2. The Resident Coordinator position at BIOLA 3. Wisdom for what classes to choose 4. God's provision 5. Friendship developpement

No comments:

Post a Comment