3.10.11

Seasons of life

Last year this time I was gearing down from two great years in France and gearing up for application to WorldVenture as a career missionary and support raising. Now I find myself shedding those leaves until life's next spring and preparing for the winter season. Metaphorically winter is traditionally employed to convey sad and melancholy feelings. I mean to do otherwise.


The coldest season is equally a part of God's perfect plan for nature. Plants and some animals do not die. They sleep. And sleep is needed for rest and recuperation. As I have mentioned in previous postings, I and Rocky Mountain Bible Church have together decided that I am in need of such a season in order to be better prepared for future successful ministry in France. During this time of rest I will be involving myself further in my family, my home church, Rocky Mountain Bible Church, in the local community of Summit County, especially amongst its francophones and God willing the accreditation of my Bible school credits at Calvary Bible College next fall 2012.


Currently I have begun my new job at the restaurant Le Petit Paris in Breckenridge, Colorado. The restaurant business is not my forté (multitasking) but I have enjoyed building relationships with my co-workers, witnessing and helping others experience France through cuisine. A great praise is for the numerous spiritual conversations that I have already had with my boss ! While the job will pay well during the touriste season, it pays poorly now. So God willing I will soon find a second job (Starbucks would be great in terms of pay, benefits and hours) so that I can make enough to move out from under my parents roof, buy a newer and more dependable car and save money for next year's schooling.


My ministry to the francophone community has just begun but I am already brain storming ideas to reach out further : a book club, common meals amongst French speakers, French movie nights and a short-term missions team from either French speaking Canada or France. I am very excited to see what doors God opens and the work He will do !


At church I have begun filling in as an usher for someone who is at university, attending various ministries including the young adult Bible study where I will be teaching on the parable of the mustard seed in two weeks and other ministries eventually and as work permits. I recently returned from Frontier Focus at Frontier School of the Bible where I was a sponsor for the groupe of perspective students from Rocky Mountain Bible Church. Not only was it exciting to see so many students checking out a Bible school but it was also very encouraging to reconnect with a friend from my days at Frontier, Kirk Templeton. It was such an encouragement !


The changing season has not been easy but it has been refreshing. As Romains 15:13 says : Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, so that you will abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. Although the season is cold and most things are going into hibernation I will bloom where God has planted me for this season because there is always hope and joy in the loving Father. I look forward to see what He has in store !


Prayer Requests : 1. Open doors to minister to minister to those around me 2. A second job (at Starbucks in Frisco) 3. An appartement at $500/month 4. Wisdom and discernement about getting a newer vehicle 5. Wisdom and discernement about schooling


Praises : 1. My job at the French restaurant 2. Opportunities already that I've had to share the faith 3. My new niece Heidi !!! 4. Reconnecting with Kirk 5. God's control

No comments:

Post a Comment