6.10.11

Crushed & Hoping


During this past year I was accepted to WorldVenture as a career missionary to France. However, they require that I complete my bachelorʼs degree : something that I intend to accomplish here in the States.


In addition, the Lord has convicted me of a sin issue in my life that has rendered me unfit and disqualified for missionary service until it has been conquered. It is my hope that, with the Lordʼs help and your prayers, one day I may be properly suited for missions work in France or wherever God puts me. Until that time, I have withdrawn from the active pursuit of ministry and have ceased raising support. As far as my partnership with WorldVenture is concerned, it means that while I am still with them, I am on inactive status. Both WorldVenture and the leadership of Rocky Mountain Bible Church, my home church, support my decision to get my own heart right before, as a spiritual leader, trying to reach the hearts of others in France or elsewhere. My heart still beats for France and while it is my hope and prayer to return, I cannot realistically or responsibly make plans for the future in those regards but rather leave it in the hands of God to do as He sees fit in His justice, mercy, grace and love.


Please forgive me for betraying your confidence and misleading you in any way whatsoever. I am sincerely sorry.


If you have any questions you can contact me personally via email or phone by going to the “Contact Me” tab at the top of the page.


Seth

3 comments:

  1. My man, no such thing as being disqualified. The idea that one is disqualified cuzz of a sin they have repented of is to say one must be without sin to be qualified (I John 1:8,9). Dude, be wary of anyone who places particular sins on a man made gradient. How interesting would it be if we all confessed our sins before our peers. Props for stepping up. Fight the fight, handle your business and get back in the race!

    Regarding betrayal and misleading, delete that section. If anything, you are modeling how we ought to handle ourselves before the Lord. I pray this would be a blessing to the Lord as your supporters and churches reflect on their own sins in the privacy of their hearts and prayers. I know i am.

    I am also praying that the Lord would surrounded you with Men that belong to him, strong spiritual men, who will bear your burden that would lead to restoration (Gal 6:1-5). Goodness, how we get this so wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica Johnson10/10/11 15:39

    Praying for you Seth.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing this with all of your supporters, Seth - I appreciate "sheep's" comment about it. Definitely agree. We're praying for you. Your last post was good too about resting AND blooming where you are planted. You are always an encouragement to Nathan and I.

    ReplyDelete