7.7.11

Proverbes 3:5-6, my life verse, says, "Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not upon your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
Last August I returned from France where I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that God is calling me as a missionary. I began prayerfully pursuing ministry with WorldVenture as a resident assistant in JourneyCorps Paris. In November I was accepted with WorldVenture as a career missionary and began raising support : traveling and sharing the need and ministry with individuals, small groupes and churches. It was tough work. It was slow progress. But it was also a joy and a blessing to share my passion for God and for France with others !
Then in May things came to a head and the ministry and support seemed insurmountable : few seemed to catch the vision for the ministry and support trickled in. Obstacles seemed to be everywhere. I was discouraged and exhausted. God's hand was crushing. I gave up... to the LORD. "Therefore humble yourselves under the mightily hand of God, that He may exalt you at the proper time, casting all your anxiety on Him, because He cares for you" says I Peter 5:6-7. After that I felt relieved and a peace in that small rowboat in the middle of a stormy sea that surpasses all understanding.
Solomon says in Proverbes 16:9, "The mind of man plans his way but the LORD directs his steps." Paul was called to preach the Gospel (John 3:16) to the Gentiles (non-Jews) but how that looked and its geography were subject to God's leading. My calling is to minister in France but how that looks and its geography in France equally subject to God's guiding hand. Therefore as I searched for what ministry to pursue, JourneyCorps was presented to me. I took the step of faith and tried it... and it cracked open with some force... but did not swing wide. As I planned and considered God in my direction, He has made His direction straight and I have submitted to that.
So now I am waiting for the LORD; being strong and letting my heart take courage; yes, waiting for the LORD (Psalm 27:14). So many things are up in the air. So many decisions must be made but I am confident that He who called me to France is faithful and He will do it (I Thessalonians 5:24) and that I will end up in the ministry that He has for me at this time.
To God be the glory ! Great things He has done !
Praises : 1. God’s mercy 2. God’s grace 3. God’s love 4. God’s faithfulness 5. God’s perfect plan
Prayer : 1. A crushed and humble heart before God 2. Contentement 3. Patience 4. The grace to endure these trials, teaching and waiting 5. Open eyes to God’s clear and perfect path to France for me

1 comment:

  1. Praying!We serve a God of perfect timing.

    ReplyDelete