6.12.11

Giving Thanks

Life is overflowing with things for which to be thankful even in the midst of hard economic times, difficult decisions, trials and tribulations, correction, uncertainty, interpersonnel worries etc. Why ??? Because God is love and He is working towards our good and His glory. If the almighty God of the universe is for us... then who really can be against us ?!

God has blessed me with a great family who love Him and three beautiful nieces. My brother and I are finally begining to have a friendship. He has given me true friends who stick close through thick and thin. I have a spiritual family and a local church who faithfully teach Scripture and are walking together in the process of being made more and more into the likeness of Christ. I have a counselor who loves God and is helping me realize victory. God gives me opportunity after opportunity to be involved in His work of ministry to others. I had two jobs until my boss at the restaurant told me essentially to chose a job. Dropping the job at Keystone ski area I discovered that a French guy who was to come work at the restaurant could not because his visa was rejected. Ipso facto : I can pick up more hours ! I have a car that works faithfully even though it's old. God has given me health and the ability to work out. Next fall I may be pursuing my masters at Biola University. I am incredibly thankful for those who faithfully pray for me and for those who have given and are giving financially. God is patient, longsuffering, kind, gentle, gracious and merciful towards me. He disciplines those He loves. He fills me with His perfect peace in the uncertainty of life's decisions. God is my hope. He is my refuge. He is my life.

May you reflect on God's goodness to you and praise Him with me.

Prayer : 1. My application to Biola has gone to be reviewed and I should receive a response in a few weeks. Please pray that God gives me preference in their eyes and that I am accepted, God willing 2. That my sole job at the restaurant will provide for my immediate needs and those for my studies at Biola 3. Victory 4. A place to live around $500/month with good flatmates (this is cheap for Summit County) 5. A newer car God willing

No comments:

Post a Comment